Employment opportunities at Cancer Lifeline
With a talented staff dedicated to improving the quality of life for people living with cancer, employment at Cancer Lifeline is a great opportunity to work towards something that truly matters.
Diversity is highly valued at Cancer Lifeline and we welcome all people whatever their age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetic information.
Financial Services Coordinator
Cancer Lifeline, a non-profit social service agency, seeks one Financial Services Coordinator who provides resources, support, and funding to qualifying low income cancer patients. Position will provide emotional support, resource referral, and register clients through the Lifeline. Position also coordinates the Therapist Referral Program, completing intakes and conducting referrals to clients from our Therapist Referral Database.
Coordinates all aspects of financial services including:
- Works with clients by phone to explain qualifications and application process and to process applications
- Accepting clients “where they are,” providing information and choices and encouraging clients to make decisions and supporting clients to be their own advocates.
- Interfacing with staff around support for applicants, both resource related and emotional
- Providing financial assistance to low-income individuals in cancer treatment
- Continuously identifying additional community resources and referring clients to those resources
- Referring clients to appropriate services within Cancer Lifeline for emotional and survivor support
- Collaborating with social workers and other health care professionals to coordinate resources and financial benefits for clients
- Working with utility companies, landlords and other vendors to facilitate the process for payments on behalf of client recipients
- Tracking program usage and client demographics
- Creating, entering and maintaining accurate client records, while ensuring confidentiality
- Supporting agency efforts to evaluate and continuously improve implementation of the Patient Assistance Fund
- Working with Clinical Program Manager to create annual program progress reports
Supports Lifeline by:
- Covering Lifeline shifts on a weekly basis or as needed
- Provide on-call support for Lifeline volunteers
Coordinates Therapist Referral Program by:
- Conducting intakes
- Making appropriate referrals for clients using the Therapist Referral Database
Promotes agency team effort by:
- Providing positive representation of Cancer Lifeline to the community
- Attending and participating in staff and program meetings
- Minimum of two years of experience in supporting and working with patients and caregivers in health care or social services
· Experience working with oncology or other chronic disease populations preferred
· Requires comfort with and personal maturity to support people affected by cancer
- Dynamic interpersonal skills, enjoys meeting and connecting with others. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in prioritizing and carrying out tasks
· Good computer skills particularly with: Outlook, Word, Excel & Access
· Experience providing services to underserved populations preferred
Hourly, 40 hours per week
October 3rd, 2016
Regular hours will vary weekly Monday through Friday, occasional event coverage on weekends and evenings
Dorothy O’Brien Center near Green Lake
$16.00-18.00 per hour (depending on experience), fully paid dental & medical insurance, plus vacation, sick leave and generous holiday benefits
Clinical Program Manager
To apply for this position:
Please provide a resume and cover letter (required) explaining your interest and qualifications for this position to email@example.com No phone calls please.
Cancer Lifeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ethnic, cultural and racial minorities are encouraged to apply
For more information about Cancer Lifeline visit our website: www.cancerlifeline.org